Tuesday, July 05, 2005

One week old

We made it through one week. Seems like a lifetime ago that he was born. I am still recovering from sleep deprivation and constant worry over his skin color and weight. Our last weigh in showed him holding at 6 pounds 2 ounces. I was so hoping he would gain. We go back on Thursday for another weight check and we are now plying him with formula in a bottle to supplement. He still wants to sleep all the time and is especially prone to it if we take him out in the sun to get some vitamin D. He stretches out and sunbathes. He is taking after my mother on that one.

On brighter notes, we had tons of visitors today for his "we survived one week" b-day party. Becca and Trey, Daimar and Astrid, and Mary all came over. To toast the momentous occasion, I put an extra ice cube in my water. I could really use a drink about now. Mom made shrimp Creole for dinner which was pretty awesome and I am finally getting an appetite as I learn to worry less.


Trey and Ethan....notice that Trey's thumb wrap is as big as Ethan is! Ethan seems to think Trey is entertaining as I finally catch a smile with the camera.


Daimar, Ethan and Astrid. If only he could actually stay awake when we have company!

Trey, Becca, and Ethan. The newlyweds look ready to take on one of their own!


Mary and Ethan.