Sunday, August 12, 2007

Bowling

Another scorcher here...although the week of 100s is over the 95s are feeling just as bad by late afternoon. This morning we had a nice breeze though so Ethan and I went "golfing" in the back yard. I put the word in quotes because you can't really call what he does golf but he really tries and managed to hit one 30 feet or so. Ken, Serena, Jordan and Logan started him on this passion and here are a few pics of him with his first putter. Notice the stance is not what you would expect when using a putter.



While Jeff painted our new shed and Christopher pretended to help, I took the two little ones inside for lunch and a nap. Lunch went okay with Ethan having some fun with a PB&J and wearing most of it while singing the PB&J song with me. He couldn't stop talking about the party. Jason ate his “hormula” as Ethan says it. Nap time was a bit harder. I thought it would be great to all lay down in our bed so I could monitor them both. They, however had other ideas and it took about an hour to get everyone settled in. And let me tell you, I passed out as soon as they did. It was 90 minutes of pure bliss. Jeff found us just as I was starting to stir and took a pic. Thanks honey.



Once we were all awake, we took on the huge task of getting everyone out the door. We went bowling. We played 2 games and had some pizza and lemonade at the alley before going food shopping, and returning home to clean the barn, feed horses, do laundry etc. I still haven’t decided when we actually get to sit down. Bath time, bed times, and it is now 11 pm and I am just done with all my Sunday tasks. I wouldn’t have changed a minute of today though. Ethan adored golfing and bowling and we got to spend so much of our day together doing fun things. Jason was a perfect angel just taking it all in. The perfect cap to our weekend. I feel like the days go so fast and there just isn’t enough time to make those little mental notes about the funny things he says, our special night time routine, and all the things that make having him so incredible. He loves butterfly kisses (must be given on both ears), Twinkle Twinkle (he shouts “like a diamond in the sky”), he repeats saying “no more talkin” when I tell him to shhh in bed at night. We make tents out of the sheet to try and encourage him to keep the covers on. It doesn’t really work. He ends up laying across the pillows with all his babies stuffed under him, his classical music playing softly in the background. I want to file all these little things away…cherish the smiles he brings and the laughter in his big blue eyes. Good night my son, my love. Sleep well.