Sunday, November 27, 2005

Ethan's Christening





Ethan's Christening was the Saturday of Thanksgiving weekend. I wanted this day to be special for the family and picked special invitations and agonized over his outfit. He used the blanket from Jean's christening when she was a baby and it had a lot of sentiment associated with it. We then had a catered brunch so my family could relax for once and not cook. My Aunt and Uncle came from NY and spent the weekend. We had a lovely visit and it felt like quite the celebration. I wanted it to be low key but still have everyone share in his day. Jeff's family joined us for the Christening and they all made a lot of effort to be here as well. I couldn't have asked for a nicer day (unless Ethan could have refrained from fussing during the service and the pics). It meant the world to have Michael and Jean stand up there for me and to have the entire family present. I felt very supported and Ethan just loved the attention and all the grandparents. My favorite memory is Christopher carrying him around and sharing his toys with E.