Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Ethan's playhouse part two

Things are moving along...we have a fireplace insert, hardwood floors installed, a front door, a barn, window trim to die for and a screened in porch. It is getting very exciting and I can hardly sleep at night waiting to move my little family into the new homestead.


My favorite part of the house to date....the entrance with the wood front door and waterfall steps. And the lovely trim work they did around my windows. I plan to stain the door to match the beadboard ceilings on the porches.


A work in progress. This is the screened in porch overlooking the pastures. I love the detail on the knee wall. I picture eating many dinners out here while watching the horses graze.

The ceiling of the screened in porch....great height and half moon window!


The trex covered deck....no maintenance! I want adirondack chairs and a hammock. The deck goes along the family room and master bedroom.


The kitchen looking into the dining room...hardwood floors are common grade oak so I could get the texture and variation in color I wanted.


Here is a pic of the barn for Easy and her friends: