Wednesday, June 09, 2010

Ethan's graduation from pre-school






Yes, you read that topic correctly. They had a graduation tonight where they got little diplomas, did some skits and sang songs and got all dressed up. At first I was like, I can NOT believe they are doing cap and gown pictures and going through all this. Yet as I sat there tonight and watched, my eyes were filled and my throat was closed and I couldn't figure out where 5 years went. I even videotaped it with my antiquated camera. My parents came as well and we all went out to Squid's for dinner after the ceremony. I loved how proud he was and how excited he has been for weeks. I have caught him practicing his songs in front of the mirror although he wouldn't tell me which songs they were performing since it was all going to be a surprise. I know he is nervous too and my heart breaks for him. Leaving his friends, going to a new school, not having Jason with him. So many changes for one person. But tonight, I won't worry about it. I will just bask in the pride that is motherhood and think about how much more I will cry at his high school walk.











We love this center and have met some really special families along the way. I don't know how it will go keeping in touch but Ethan is so worried about being away from Cooper, Adam, Nick, Taylor and the sense of community and support we have found here. I'm so with him on that.