Friday, December 21, 2007

Baking cookies



I am so not domestic normally. Anyone who knows me would tell you that as well. But now I have kids and desire to be super mom. Yes, desire, not succeed. But today we baked. And baked and baked. And we are doing more tomorrow. I couldn't decide which cookies and baked goods to make for the holidays so am making 12. Nothing like jumping in. But they have come out pretty good so far and I am so proud of myself. And I know Mi-ma would be incredulous. Mom and I even made her butter horns. Here is a pic of Ethan helping us to bake the Christmas eve cupcakes and then one of him decorating cookies. He loved it and made stockings, sleds, gingerbread men, angels, stars, Santas and trees. Yes...I told you...all out! They turned out to be my favorites. Mom B oversaw all activities to ensure sanitation grades were met.



So tomorrow should be interesting. Jeff is taking both boys down to Columbia to visit his Grandmother. Yep...both. I am staying home since I have to do the Whole Foods run, get the house cleaned and prepare dinner for 12 for Xmas. Stress is my middle name and it would be my first if I didn't have the weekend to prepare. Luckily, Mom Andrews and Susan and are going with. I think it will be such a great opportunity for Ethan to bond with them and to establish some independence. And all I can think of is sleep...and sympathy. And worry. I bet I call 15 times. Poor Jeff.